Lars P. Feld (born 1966) holds the chair for Economic Policy and Constitutional Economics at Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg since 2010 and is the current president of the Walter Eucken Institute. His research focuses on economic and fiscal policies, the emerging field of New Political Economy, and the economic analysis of law. On November 2nd 2017 Lars P. Feld was awarded an honorable doctorate degree from the University of Luzern.
After his studies in economics Lars P. Feld graduated from University of St. Gallen in 1999 and qualified for a professorship in 2002. From 2002 to 2006, he worked as a professor of economics, with a focus on public finance, at Philipps-University Marburg. From 2006 to 2010 Feld held a similarl position at Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg . He is a permanent guest professor at the Center for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim, as well as a member of Leopoldina (the German National Academy of the Sciences), the Kronberger Kreis – scientific council of the think tank Stiftung Marktwirtschaft –, and the Mont Pelerin Society.
Since 2003, Lars P. Feld has been a member of the Scientific Advisors to the Federal Ministry of Finance. In 2007, he was named an expert to the Bundesrat and Bundestag commission for the modernization of federal financial relations (Federalism Commission II) and contributed as an advisor on the subject of the new German debt brake measures. In March 2011 Feld was, at the recommendation of the federal government, appointed to the German Council of Economic Experts.
Doctorate in economics with postdoctoral university teaching qualification (Dr. oec. habil.), University of St. Gallen
Doctorate in economics (Dr. oec.), University of St. Gallen
Masters Degree (Diplom-Volkswirt), Saarland University
Matriculated from Illtal Gymnasium, Illingen
· Member of the German Council of Economic Experts
· Director of the Walter Eucken Institute and Professor of Economic Policy, Albert- Ludwigs-University of Freiburg
· Full member of the German National Academy of the Sciences (Leopoldina)
· Member of the Scientific Council (Kronberger Kreis) at Stiftung Markwirtschaft, a think tank based in Berlin (currently the spokesman)
· Permanent guest professor at the Center for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim
· Professor of economics, with a focus on public finance, at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
· Editor of Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik (Perspectives of Economic Policy) published by the Verein für Sozialpolitik (German Economic Assiociation)
· Member of the Scientific Advisors to the Federal Ministry of Finance
· Professor of economics, with a focus on public finance, at the Philipps-Universität Marburg
· Associate Professor of economics at the University of St. Gallen
· Assistant Professor of economics at the University of St. Gallen
· Swiss National Science Foundation Fellow
· Visiting Fellow at the Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, USA, with Professor John G. Matsusaka, Ph.D.
· Research Fellow at the Centre de Rechercheennais en Économie et en Gestion, Univerité de Rennes 1, Rennes, France, with Prof. Dr. Yvon Rocaboy
· Academic associate at the Swiss Institute for Research in International Trade, Regional Science and Structural Problems (SIASR) , University of St. Gallen, with Prof. Dr. Gebhard Kirchgaessner
· Academic associate at the Institute for Finance, Saarland University, with Prof. Dr. Werner W. Pommerehne